If you are interested in learning more about the MBA and MS programs at the University of Rochester, Simon School and are located in the NYC metro area, here’s your opportunity! Join alumni, students, and staff for an evening of networking and listen to an interview style program with Simon alumnus, Roland Caputo as he […]
Attending B-school events, whether they are on or off campus, is a critical step in the admissions process. You can learn a lot more at these events than just visiting a school’s website or reading a brochure. Below are several reasons why you should consider connecting with Simon at an event:
- Face-Time with Admissions: Simon Admissions Officers work with many students each year. By meeting in-person with an Admissions Officer, you have the opportunity to seek answers to your questions, receive admissions feedback, and set yourself apart from other candidates. Also, these interactions help build lasting relationships throughout the application process and beyond so you can connect with the school and discover if it is the right fit for you.
- Connections with Current Students, Faculty, and Alumni: Many of our on-campus events include opportunities to connect with students, faculty and alumni. This is a great chance to hear anecdotes or tips about their experiences at Simon, and gain insight into the school’s culture – all from a perspective that isn’t likely captured on our website or brochure. This also gives you more time with key influencers who may report back to the Admissions Committee on their engagement with you. And this isn’t just for on-campus events. Simon Admissions Officers are often accompanied by alumni at off-campus events, which is another great opportunity to ask questions and receive feedback in real-time.
- Assess “Fit”: By visiting campus, you are able to envision what life might be like as a Simon student. It is your chance to explore Simon, the University of Rochester campus and Rochester, NY.
Connecting with Simon at on-and off-campus events is certainly a worthwhile experience! Check out this video of Eileen Ketchoyian, Assistant Director of Admissions & Enrollment at Simon, explaining the benefits of attending events. And don’t forget to check out Simon’s upcoming events. We hope to welcome you to campus soon or meet you at an off-campus event near you!
It may still be summer, but the 2014 academic year is in full swing at Simon Business School. In fact, our incoming full-time MBA and MS students are already in their second week of the Fall Mini Quarter! On behalf of the entire Simon community, it’s been an exciting few weeks welcoming our new cohorts to campus – especially for our two-day Simon Orientation, which took place before classes started.
Simon alumni tell us that orientation is a defining part of their B-school experience and one that they never forget. This year we encouraged students to document their orientation experiences on social media using #SimonOrientation. After all, this is the time when you meet your peers and take your first steps as a Simon student … what better way to document such an important experience?
The schedule of events for #SimonOrientation was pretty comprehensive. Simon’s new dean, Andrew Ainslie, kicked-off the first day alongside Rebekah Lewin, Assistant Dean of Admissions and Student Engagement. And over the course of both days, there were addresses made by current students and distinguished alumni, plus discussions with Simon’s Graduate Business Council and Career Management Center. Orientation wrapped up with team building activities and, the best part, an ice cream social!
Thank you to our students who took to social media to share their #SimonOrientation experiences! Below are select updates – looks like it was a great time!
It’s been a busy few weeks here at Simon! We not only welcomed our incoming full-time MBA class to Rochester, NY, but also our incoming MS class.
Simon offers wide-ranging, specialized MS programs that help students become the professionals they want to be. We are proud that these programs will assist this year’s cohort of 290 students as they pursue career interests in Accountancy, Business Analytics, Finance, Healthcare Management, Information Systems Management, Management, Manufacturing Management, Marketing, and Pricing.
But it doesn’t start there. This incoming MS class comes to Simon with a variety of backgrounds and life experiences:
- An average of 1.4 years of work experience at more than 300 companies, including Accenture, AC Nielsen, Bain & Company, Booz Allen, Citi, Ernst & Young, HSBC, IBM, KPMG, PriceWaterhouseCoopers, Xerox, and many more.
- MS students hold passports from 24 countries across 5 continents, including Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Guatemala, India, Indonesia, Israel, Kenya East Africa, Netherlands, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United States, and Vietnam.
- Professional designations held by the incoming class include Chartered Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst, and Certified Public Accountant.
- More than half of the class speaks more than one language, and a number of students speak 3 or more.
- Hobbies and interests of the incoming class include competitive athletics, recreational sports, public speaking, vocal and instrumental music, the arts, cooking, service projects, and many more.
To the MS Class of 2015 – good luck as you begin your studies at Simon. We can’t wait to see how this translates into your career journey!
On Friday, August 1st we welcomed Simon’s incoming MBA class to Rochester, NY for the start of their B-school journey. Our Admissions Team worked with each and every one of these students over the past year. To say the least, we are thrilled to finally see them walk through Simon’s doors and become a member of the community!
The incoming cohort of 85 students comes to Simon with impressive past accomplishments and a range of diversity (in more ways than one!). Here’s an overview of their background:
- An average of 4.6 years of work experience at more than 100 prior companies, including 3M, Accenture, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Blackrock, Booz Allen, Citi, Chrysler, HSBC, Infosys, J.P. Morgan, KPMG, Liberty Mutual, the Peace Corps, Samsung, the U.S. Army, and Wells Fargo.
- The MBA class has lived in more than 30 different countries across 6 continents, including Australia, Bermuda, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Japan, Kenya, Kuwait, India, Iraq, Italy, Peru, Spain, Ukraine, United Kingdom, among others.
- Professional designations held by the incoming class include Chartered Accountant, Chartered Financial Analyst, Certified Public Accountant, Six Sigma Green Belt, and Top Secret Security Clearance.
- The class includes a number of former college athletes in sports such as baseball, crew, lacrosse, rugby, soccer, squash and volleyball, as well as a number of students with recreational sports interests as wide ranging as table tennis, sailing, marathons, cycling and skydiving.
- A number of the students speak more than one language and several speak 3 or more.
- Hobbies and interests include public speaking, vocal and instrumental music, the arts, cooking, volunteerism, service projects, and many more.
To Simon’s incoming MBA class – best wishes as you begin a memorable academic journey that will become the gateway to professional career development!